Kinesiology tape is a popular tool for athletes and those in the medical field. The tape is used to help support muscles, relieve pain, and promote healing. There are many different ways to apply kinesiology tape across the body. Kinesiology tape can be worn for several days at a time and should be replaced every three to five days. Here are a few tips on how to do so.
Kinesiology taping an ankle
- Start by cutting a strip of kinesiology tape that is long enough to wrap around your ankle.
- Apply the kinesiology tape to your ankle, starting at the back of the heel and wrapping around the front of the ankle. Make sure that the tape is not too tight or too loose.
- Once you have wrapped the kinesiology tape around your ankle, cut off any excess tape.
Kinesiology taping a shoulder
- Start by removing any clothing from the area. If the skin is oily or sweaty, it’s best to cleanse it with soap and water first.
- Cut a piece of tape that’s long enough to wrap around the entire shoulder.
- Apply the first strip of tape horizontally across the top of the shoulder, just below the collarbone.
- Apply a second strip of tape vertically down the front of the shoulder.
- Apply a third strip of tape horizontally across the back of the shoulder.
Kinesiology taping a knee
- Start by tearing off a strip of tape that is about 5 cm longer than the width of the knee. Center the strip over the kneecap and apply it from the middle of the thigh down to the calf. Make sure that the end of the strip extends past the edge of the knee so that it can be wrapped around to the other side.
- Take another strip of tape and attach it horizontally across the first strip, just below the kneecap. Wrap each end around to meet on the other side of the knee and secure with adhesive.
Kinesiology taping a wrist
- Start by cutting a strip of tape that is about 5-8 cm wide.
- Apply the strip of tape in a figure-eight pattern across the wrist. Make sure that the tape is applied snugly, but not too tightly.
- Trim any excess tape. The figure-eight pattern helps to stabilize the wrist and provide support.
Kinesiology tape is a popular tool used by athletes and physical therapists in Sydney to support muscles and joints. There are many ways to apply kinesiology tape across the body, depending on the area that needs support.
When applying kinesiology tape to an ankle, it is important to start at the base of the foot and work your way up the leg. For a shoulder, start at the top of the shoulder and work your way down. For a knee, start at the top of the kneecap and work your way down. For a wrist, start at the base of the hand and work your way up.
To remove kinesiology tape, simply peel it off from the skin. It is important to do this slowly and carefully to avoid pain or irritation. For guides like this, follow our blog found here: https://www.joyfultcm.com/blog