The History of Traditional Chinese Medicine's Fertility Support
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is an ancient medical system that’s been practiced for thousands of years. TCM is a holistic system of medicine that was developed in China and has been used to treat various health conditions.
In TCM, fertility is seen as a state of balance between the body and mind. This balance can be disrupted by various factors such as stress or diet, which may lead to infertility or sub-fertility. TCM offers a number of remedies for fertility problems, including herbal medicine, acupuncture, dietary changes, and lifestyle changes.
How Traditional Chinese Medicine Practices Can Support Fertility
TCM practitioners believe that the body’s life force, or “qi”, circulates through channels in the body called meridians. The flow of qi is what keeps the body healthy and functioning properly.
TCM practitioners use herbal remedies to help balance qi and restore its flow when it is disrupted. There are many different herbs that can be used to support fertility. Some of these herbs are dong quai, red clover, and peony root.
The practice of TCM can have many benefits for fertility because it helps to balance the body's “qi” which in turn may improve fertility levels.
What Drugs or Supplements Do Traditional Chinese Practitioners Recommend?
Traditional Chinese medicine practitioners recommend herbs and supplements to improve fertility.
Some of the more popular herbal supplements for fertility include:
- Dong Quai: Used to treat menstrual irregularities, heavy menstrual bleeding, and uterine fibroids. It is also said to be an aphrodisiac.
- Gui Pi (Tuckahoe): Used to regulate the menstrual cycle, induce menstruation, and treat infertility.
- Tongkat Ali: Used as a testosterone booster as well as a libido enhancer in men and women. It is also used for erectile dysfunction in men.
- Fenugreek: Used for its estrogenic properties which can help with symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes and mood swings.
- Tribulus Terrestris: Used for its aphrodisiac effects as well.
- Ashwagandha: Used for its use in decreasing stress and anxiety levels.
Conclusion: What You Need To Know About Traditional Chinese Medicine And Fertility Support
Traditional Chinese Medicine and fertility support are two words that are often used in the same sentence. Traditional Chinese Medicine is a form of medicine that has been practiced for centuries.
A lot of people turn to Traditional Chinese Medicine to help with fertility because it is a natural way to help boost their reproductive health.
Joyful TCM is a Bella Vista fertility clinic using TCM to aid couples with infertility through acupuncture, herbal remedies and personalized care. Experience natural fertility support at Joyful TCM.